Saturday, June 21, 2008

song...surrender

sooo, as many of you may know, i've been at berea for the past week for staff week (which was awesome!). it was an amazing week of really growing closer to God and realizing different things about myself and bonding with the other staffers and learning my job, etc. one of the things i really loved (other than everyone on staff!) was chapel time. the speaker was really good, but i really enjoyed the singing. i loved how everyone's voices sounded together and how everyone was actually thinking about the lyrics and meant what they were singing. one of the songs that i really liked and that really made me think was this song called "surrender," so i thought i'd share it with you all. just actually think about the lyrics, they're so powerful and meaningful...

surrender
by marc james

I'm givin you my heart
and all that is within
I lay it all down for the sake of you, my King
I'm givin you me dreams
I'm layin down my rights
I'm givin up my heart for the promise of new life

(Chorus)
And I surrender all to you, all to you
And I surrender all to you, Lord, all to you

I'm singin you this song
I'm waiting at the cross
And all the world holds dear, I count it all as loss
The sake of knowing you
the glory of your name
To know that lasting joy in sharing in your pain


No comments: